The Annex

The Annex is a neighborhood in central Toronto that has a name for itself in history for being one of the most sought-after areas in the GTA. It is famous for having a large number of government offices, art facilities, religious workers, recreation complexes, students and renters. The neighborhood is diverse where you will find the streets lined with great independent shops, trees and youthful energy. It is bordered by Dupont Street to the north, Avenue Road to the east, Harbord Street to the south and Bathurst Street to the west. This neighborhood has a bustling nightlife along with vibrant street scenes. Visitors of the neighborhood get to experience and see a blend of old and young, traditional and modern when it comes to both the demography and housing options here. The population of the Annex stands at around 29,180 residents and 74% of the homes are tenanted while the remaining 26% are owned. The neighborhood currently features largely condos which account for 46% of sales, while semi-detached homes account for 23% and condo townhouses at 13%. Condo apartments are most common here and most of the properties have two bedrooms. The central location of the neighborhood not only promotes better commuting experience but also provides easy access to many major attractions such as the Royal Ontario Museum and the University of Toronto. One of the most exciting places in this neighborhood is the span of Bloor Street between Bathurst and St. George. This place is quite spirited and offers an array of services such as patios, bars, lounges, nightclubs, restaurants, bookstores, clothing boutiques, food markets, professional services, travel agencies, outdoor cafes and much more. Having all these facilities within your neighborhood makes it a perfect place to live, work and play. Living in this neighborhood provides you with all amenities within walking distance and as such you will not find the need to use vehicles.

List of New Condos in the The Annex Neighbourhood

Why invest in The Annex Real Estate?

When the question of investment arises, there are certain factors that help in deciding. With The Annex there are more than just a few which may help you to realize what an opportunity it is. The average rate of condos in the neighborhood was about $1554496 over the past year, which is an increase of 15%. As the trend follows, the rate of real estate property in the city keeps growing exponentially every year. Investing at this point would be a great way to gain maximum out of it. With its central location, there are tons of working professionals who find the neighborhood highly desirable because of its excellent transit system and its close proximity to their work. The adjacent location of the University of Toronto makes this neighborhood desirable for students and professors who are associated with it. Finding a tenant will not be a challenging task as there will be thousands of new residents looking for a place to rent out. This in turn can assure you of a monthly income.

Transit Options

When it comes to transportation, The Annex has world-class service that helps you stay connected to every part of the city. The neighborhood has four TTV subway stations which include Bathurst, Dupont, Spadina and St George stations. Out of these four, Spadina and St George stations connect to either the University/Yonge line as well as the Danforth/Bloor line. You will also find streetcar and bus services on Davenport Street, Spadina Avenue, Avenue Road, Dupont Street and Bathurst Street. Residents who prefer driving are blessed with easy access to major highways such as the Gardiner Expressway, Don Valley Parkway and Highway 401. These routes can not only help in connecting to other parts of the city but also the entire GTA.

Questions & Answers