St. Lawrence

St. Lawrence in Toronto is an enclave of a neighborhood which is bordered by King Street to the north, Lakeshore Boulevard to the south, Parliament Street to the east and Yonge Street to the west. One of the most iconic places which lies within the borders of this neighborhood is the renowned St. Lawrence Market which has grown over the years. The area has a unique lively and distinct neighborhood feel to it although it lies in the city core’s centre. Majority of the residential condos here are either low-rise or mid-rise which contain world class amenities. The area is famous for some of its architectural styles along with the market. The St. Lawrence Market has been around in the neighborhood since 1803 and is a food emporium with more than 200 vendors who put up food stalls along with multiple restaurants and the St. Lawrence Market Gallery. The neighborhood has several financial towers which help in providing employment. Majority of these towers appear at the corner of Yonge and King. The area is densely populated with mixed-income real estate. One of the most notable landmarks here is the Flatiron building which is famous for its unique narrow structure. Over the last couple of years, the neighborhood there has been major implementation along with the development of new condo projects made of glass and steel. This is one neighborhood where you can discover a wide variety of buildings ranging from state-of-the-art condos to some of Toronto’s best loft conversions. The population of St. Lawrence has surpassed 30,000 owing to the many pre-constructed condos and lofts that have been developed over the years. St. Lawrence mainly features condos which account for 99% of the sales when it comes to real estate followed by townhouses at 1%. Most of the condo apartments here have one bedroom with average price being around $571369 which is an increase of 13% over the previous year. While 51% of the real estate properties here are owned, the remaining 49% are tenanted.

List of New Condos in the St. Lawrence Market Neighbourhood

Why invest in St. Lawrence Real Estate?

St. Lawrence is one of the most sought-after destinations in Toronto owing to its work, live and pay culture. The neighborhood not only has several employment opportunities but is also in close proximity to other commercial neighborhoods in Toronto, making it highly desirable for young professionals to live here. Another great aspect of this neighborhood is the presence of George Brown College within its borders. This college offers various programs which includes 6-degree programs along with 31 advanced diploma program and 35 regular diploma programs. The college sees an estimate 25000 students enrolled annually. The neighborhood is ideal for these students who prefer staying close to college in order to save travelling time. Besides the work and education, the neighborhood is full of amenities which are available within reach. Living here will not require you to constantly keep using your vehicles for daily chores as everything is within walking range. With the rise in population and several condo projects coming up in the neighborhood, it is the right time to invest here as there are plenty of tenants available due to the high demand for the neighborhood. Investing here will guarantee you a monthly income through rent while the annual increase in real estate prices will ensure a profitable return on your investment a few years down the line.

Transit Options

St. Lawrence is a delightful experience for commuters as it offers world-class transportation services. You can avail streetcar services running along King Street which can be easily accessed from any part of the neighborhood while Sherbourne and Parliament Streets are the places to go for bus services. Besides these, commuters can also make use of the subway services which can be accessed at King and Union subway stations which are located in close proximity and can be reached by walk. Residents with their own vehicles who prefer driving are in for a treat too and some of the major highways are easily accessible from here. The Gardiner Expressway is literally next door and can help connect you to other parts of the city as well the GTA in no time. The Lake Shore Boulevard as well as the Don Valley Parkway too are easily accessible from the neighborhood and can be availed to travel within the GTA.

Questions & Answers