Why Should You Invest In The St Lawrence Market Real Estate?

There are several reasons why investing in St Lawrence is the ideal thing to do. To begin with, this is one of the few places in Toronto that provides you with a distinct neighbourhood feel despite being located in the heart of the city. The second advantage to buying a home in St Lawrence is because of its strategic placement. The prime location of the neighbourhood in the heart of the city provides the residents with an excellent transit and walk score, indicating that residents will have access to several amenities as well as world-class transportation. St Lawrence Market features multiple vendors, big box stores, local eateries, fine dining and the famous St Lawrence Market itself which has been a staple here for many generations. The neighbourhood has also seen a revolution in recent years which has resulted in the influx of residents which has now crossed the 30,000 mark. The increase in population has also resulted in the rise of residential developments across the neighbourhood. Several high rise towers have also come up, bringing along multiple employment opportunities. The neighbourhood is popular with young professionals thanks to its work and play principle. You will also find families here looking to plant roots. St Lawrence Market has a ratio of 51:49 with the former being homeowners. This indicates that there are several residents here who prefer to rent out a home rather than buying it. You will also have several options when it comes to finding tenants as there are young professionals, families and even post-secondary students out here looking for a place to rent. The average prices of homes in St Lawrence Market have also seen a hike of 13% over their previous terms. This would result in the value of your real estate property reaching a substantial amount within a few years. Be it for your own use, or for renting out, investing in a new pre-construction home here has a series of benefits.

List of New Lawrence in St. Lawrence Market

New Home Developments in St Lawrence Market And Reasons To Buy

St Lawrence Market is part of Toronto’s downtown core where condominiums are the dominating type of real estate developments and account for 99% of the total home sales in the area. The remaining 1% consists of townhomes, homes, lofts and other types of housing. The positive side to this is that the scarcity of homes will work in your favour once you want to determine the market value of your property a few years down the line. Homes are usually preferred by families as compared to young professionals due to the fact that there is more privacy involved. St Lawrence Market happens to be a family-friendly neighbourhood owing to the presence of not only amenities but several other educational facilities within its borders. The most iconic venue however is the St Lawrence Market, which features over 200 food vendors. This place not only attracts the locals but also people from all over the city to get a taste of what this coveted market has to offer. The St Lawrence neighborhood also features several financial towers which provide employment opportunities. This makes the neighborhood ideal for young professionals who want to save time on commuting daily. Who wouldn’t want to work and stay in the same neighborhood? The neighborhood also is home to the renowned George Brown College. This makes the area ideal for off-campus students who are looking for accomodation nearby. St Lawrence is an ideal place to call home if you are looking for a place where amenities and transport are available in abundance. The prime location also brings several shopping and entertainment options as well thanks to the several iconic places around. Buying a new pre-construction home in St Lawrence opens up the door to many possibilities whether you are looking to live in it or invest on the property.

  • 1
  • 1
  • 1
  • 1
  • 1

What To Do In St Lawrence Market

St Lawrence Market is famous for its elegance, extraordinary style of architecture and most of all, its thriving market. The St Lawrence Market has been the neighbourhood’s staple since 1803. It is an emporium for food which consists of more than 200 vendors who put up restaurants, food stalls as well as the Market Gallery together. At the corner of King and Yonge street intersection, you will find several financial towers which help in providing a reliable substructure of enterprise and employment. This area is a blended-use, mixed-income, densely populated and a pedestrian-friendly neighborhood. One of the most notable landmarks here happens to be the Flatiron building, which is renowned for its unique and noticeable narrow shape and structure. In photographs, you may be able to see it in the frame with financial skyscrapers as the CN Tower rises in the back. In the last couple of years, St Lawrence has witnessed the construction of new luxury glass and steel condo developments which can be usually seen around the downtown core area. This place allows you to see several varieties of buildings ranging from modern luxurious condo projects to a few of the best loft conversions in the city. Population in St Lawrence Market has grown exponentially and now stands at over 30,000 owing to the several new pre-construction condominiums and homes converted from lofts that are continuously developing. St Lawrence Market is a neighbourhood that is a part of Toronto’s downtown core area. This is one of the few areas in Toronto that gives you a distinct neighbourhood feel despite being in the heart of the city. This neighbourhood is bordered in the east by Parliament Street, in the west by Yonge Street, in the south by Lakeshore Boulevard and King Street forms its northern border. This neighborhood has seen substantial development over the years and seems to be improving itself year after year. Although located amidst the city core’s centre, St Lawrence offers a very lively and distinctive neighborhood feel. Majority of the condos here are low-rise as well as mid-rise and offer amenities of world-class order.

Average Home Prices In St Lawrence Market

Homes are not very common in St Lawrence Market with condominiums accounting for 99% of the total homes sales in the area. The price of all types of homes on average in this neighborhood over the last year stood at $571,369, which was inclusive of a hike of 13 percent over the last term. One the other hand the average premium over the previous year stood at $565,772, against $906,623 as the average freehold price. Homeownership in St Lawrence is high with 51 percent of the properties being owned while the remaining 49 percent being tenanted. This neighborhood is right in the middle of the downtown core and as such you have everything you need within a few steps away from your house. Besides amenities, St Lawrence is also home to the famous George Brown College. This institution is one of Downtown Toronto’s urban campuses and offers a wide range of programs which include 6 programs for degrees, 31 programs for advanced diploma and 35 programs for regular diploma. This college witnesses more than 25,000 students being enrolled annually.

Transit And Accessibility In St Lawrence Market

St Lawrence Market is served well by public transportation that is connected to the rest of the city as well as other parts of the Greater Toronto Area. There are multiple street-level transit options here with streetcar services running along King Street and bus services running along Sherbourne and Parliament Streets. Besides these you can also opt for the subway through the Union Station or the King Station which are located just a few steps away and can be reached on foot. St Lawrence also has great access to arterial roadways and major highways, making it a blessing for motorists. Lakeshore Boulevard, Don Valley Parkway and the Gardiner Expressway are easily accessible from this neighborhood and can be reached within minutes. These routes serve as a gateway to the rest of the Greater Toronto Area.

Questions & Answers