Forest Hill, Toronto

Forest Hill is regarded as one of the wealthiest, prestigious and affluent neighborhoods in Toronto alongside Rosedale, Bridle Path and The Kingsway. It stretches up till Avenue Road to its east, Bathurst Street to its west, St. Clair Avenue to its south and Chaplin Crescent to its north. Forest Hill is also home to two of Canada’s most reputed private schools – The Bishop Strachan School for girls and Upper Canada College for boys. The population of the neighborhood has witnessed a rise over the years with the development of new condos developments in the area. Currently, the population of Forest Hill is an approximate 10,926 residents. It is however, predicted that there will be a 2.8% rise in population in the near future. As per census data 42% of the residents in Forest Hill have an income of over $80,000 after tax compared to an average of $40,070 for other areas in Toronto. The neighborhood has 56% of homeowners while the remaining 44% of the locals stay on rent. Detached houses make up 48% of the sales while condos constitute 34%. The remaining 6% comprises of other houses in the neighborhood. There are several high-end boutiques here which cater to the affluent population of the neighborhood. The neighborhood consists of several parks some of which include Viewmount Park and Memorial Park. The presence of these parks along with reputed educational institutional make this a very family-friendly neighborhood.

List of New Hill in the Forest Neighbourhood

Why invest in Forest Hill Real Estate?

Forest Hill offers one of the best transportation options in Toronto, which makes it desirable for many. Its location also plays an important factor which it comes to residing here. It is located north of Downtown Toronto and makes it easy to commute to other parts of the city. The presence of Canada’s most reputed schools in the neighborhood also attracts families. The average price of a condo in Forest Hill is about $2,337,402 over the past year which is an increase in 12% over last year which makes investing in real estate a good opportunity. The location and excellent transit system of the neighborhood also draws professionals seeking to stay close to Downtown Toronto. You can be assured of a monthly income through rent.

Transit Options

Forest Hill has excellent transportation services thanks to the Toronto Transit Commission. You will find several streetcar and buses in the area, including the 24-hour Bathurst route. Subway services can be at the St Clair West, St Clair East, Eglinton and the Davisville subway stations in the neighborhood. For residents who prefer to drive, the Allen Expressway can be accessed through Eglinton Avenue West to commute in and out of the city. Besides the already-existing excellent transit services, the neighborhood is also expected to have the Eglinton Crosstown LRT that is scheduled for completion by 2020. This service will run along Eglinton Avenue and create two new stations where Eglinton West Station will be one of them.

Questions & Answers