Maxx Urban Towns 2
Maxx Urban Towns 2 is a new development in Pickering’s vibrant neighbourhood of Duffin Heights. This modern development is developed by VanMar developments and set to be completed by 2021. This townhome project will have 130 units available with parking included. There will be 16 above ground parking spots and the rest will be underground. In addition, there will be a community outdoor playground for kids to enjoy.
Location & Neighbourhood
Located in Pickering’s neighbourhood of Duffin Heights, residents will be in close to Pickering Town Centre, Riverside Golf Course, Duffin Heights Forest and River Trail, and Fox Run Golf Centre and Driving Range. Maxx Urban Town residents will be steps away from restaurants, shops, schools, necessary amenities, and entertainment.
Residents of Maxx Urban Towns will have easy access to Durham Region Transit, with bus services running right by the front door and servicing Brock Road. This will allow riders to access the Pickering GO station, where they can take the Lakeshore east train into Union Station in just 75 minutes.
Features & Finishes
1. Spacious 9′ high ceilings in all principle rooms (main floor only). 8′ high ceilings
on second storey of 2 storey layouts. (As per plan, may vary due to bulkheads,
dropped ceilings, structural components, and mechanical components)*.
2. Spacious closets complete with white wire shelving, as per plan.
3. All interior walls receive one coat of primer and two coats of superior quality
latex paint (flat washable) in one colour throughout (choice of 3 colours).
4. Smooth finished ceilings throughout.
5. Terraces and balconies, as per plan.
6. Pressurized fire suppression system throughout all required areas
(as per fire and building codes).
DOORS, WINDOWS & TRIM
7. Exterior solid core front doors featuring a satin chrome door hardware
package with deadbolt lock.
8. Energy Star certified vinyl windows.
9. High quality colonial interior doors painted in white with satin chrome
10. Contemporary 4″ baseboards throughout with matching 2-3/4″ door
and window casings painted in white. (except for sliding doors).
11. Durable laminate flooring in living rooms, dens, dining room, and hallways
selected from Vendor’s Standard Samples**.
12. 35oz. broadloom carpeting with high-quality 7lb underlay in bedrooms,
hallways, and all staircases.
13. Oak handrails and pickets in natural finish, as per plan.
14. Purchaser’s choice of durable laminate or ceramic tile flooring from
Vendor’s standard samples in the kitchens.
15. Luxurious ceramic/porcelain floor tile in laundry area, bathrooms,
and entries from Vendor’s Standard Samples**, as per plan.
16. Purchaser’s choice of transitional or modern designed high-quality kitchen
cabinets from Vendor’s Standard Samples**.
17. Granite Countertops selected from Vendor’s Standard Samples**.
18. Spacious stainless steel single bowl undermount kitchen sink with low flow,
pull-out kitchen faucet (under-sink access to shut-off valve also provided).
19. 1 (one) bank of drawers where space permits, as per plan.
20. Stainless Steel appliance package installed in each suite:
Electric, 5 burner stove with glass top
Frost Free Refrigerator
Over the range microwave with integrated exhaust fan vented to exterior.
21. Purchaser’s choice of transitional or modern high-quality cabinet for vanity
selected from Vendor’s Standard Samples**, as per plan.
22. Arborite countertop selected from Vendor’s Standard Samples** with white
porcelain basin and chrome single lever faucet(s), as per plan.
23. Powder room to have pedestal sink with chrome single lever faucet,
as per plan.
24. Tub and/or stand-up shower, as per plan. (includes shower rod).
25. Tub surround and shower stalls tiled to 6′ above finished floor.
26. Low-flow toilet(s) with soft close seat(s).
27. Frameless bathroom mirrors extending full width of vanity with 1 (one)
wall mounted light fixture above each sink location, as per plan.
28. Water efficient plumbing fixtures throughout.
29. Pressure and temperature-controlled shower/tub fixtures.
30. Privacy locks on all bathroom doors.
31. Exhaust fans vented to exterior.
32. In-suite, front loading, stacked or side-by-side laundry unit equipped
with electric dryer (as per plan).
33. Dedicated receptacle and dryer vent to the exterior.
ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL FEATURES
34. High efficiency self-contained heating and cooling units.
35. Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRV) in each suite.
36. Programmable digital thermostats.
37. Tankless hot water system vented to exterior (rental program).
38. In-suite water softener rough-in with third line to kitchen sink bypassing
39. Individual unitized meters for hydro services for each suite.
40. Centralized “bulk” water and natural gas metering for the development.
(Unit owner’s water and natural gas fees are included in their condo
41. Self-contained air conditioning system (note that air conditioning units will be
mounted to the exterior and may encroach into balcony space).
42. 100 AMP electrical service with circuit breaker type panel and copper wiring
43. Switch controlled light fixture(s) in all rooms as required.
44. Interconnected electric smoke and carbon monoxide detectors as per
Ontario Building Code.
45. Multi-media outlet for television, internet and phone (minimum of 2 per suite).
46. Decora light switches and plugs throughout.
47. Counter height GFI electrical outlets in all kitchens and bathrooms.
48. Architecturally designed exterior finishes featuring masonry and Hardie Board elevations.
49. High quality roofing system(s) throughout.
50. Centrally located garbage room.
51. Private underground parking garage including space for visitor parking.
52. Lockers and bicycle storage available (refer to pricing sheet).
53. Centralized community mailboxes.
54. Professionally designed landscaping with irrigation system and private
55. Centralized internet bundle provided throughout the condominium development.
About The Developers
Trillium Housing is a new initiative dedicated towards the development of entry-level ownership
housing. By purchasing unused land from the provincial government and providing innovative financing to modest-income families, Trillium aims to promote and provide affordable housing to the public at large.
VanMar Constructors is a developer that has been constructing buildings throughout Ontario and British Columbia since 1972. Ranging from healthcare to institutional to student residences, VanMar is responsible for such multi-million dollar facilities such as the Aspen Green healthcare facility in Vancouver, the Metalworks market housing facility in Guelph, and the Caroline private residences in Waterloo.