Surrounded by Lake Ontario and the Frenchman’s Bay is Frenchman’s Bay Towns. This project is a townhouse and single-family home development by Madison Group. There are 57 townhomes and 10 detached home available for 2021. Residents will have access to their own private yard and the detached homes will have a double-car garage. You don’t want to miss out on these homes near a stunning waterfront.
Location & Neighbourhood
Frenchman’s Bay is in the Fairport neighbourhood in Pickering. Residents will be near The Pickering Market, the Frenchman’s Bay, Lake Ontario, and Annadale Golf. In addition, alongside the waterfront, there are cafes and dining options available with a nice view.
This development’s proximity to nearby educational institutions. Elementary and high schools can be found nearby. As well, this development is near campuses for Durham College and Centennial College.
This development also caters to commuters. Pickering GO Station is located just 12 minutes away by car. From here, commuters will be able to reach downtown Toronto in just 42 minutes. Meanwhile, motorists have easy access to nearby Highway 401. This will take them downtown in just 34 minutes.
Features & Finishes
• Contemporary stone, brick, stucco and aluminum exterior combinations, as per applicable elevation.
• Architecturally controlled streetscape and co-ordinated exterior colour schemes, materials and elevations.
• Co-ordinated vinyl casement windows or thermo glazed fixed windows throughout, excluding basement windows.
• All windows will be energy efficient low-E Argon gas-filled. Screens on all opening windows.
• Modified Bitumen flat roofing system providing superior protection against water leakage.
• Maintenance-free aluminum soffits, fascia, eavestrough and downspouts, as per elevation.
• Covered front porch with a double door entry.
• Elegant steel-front entry doors with decorative glazing, as per elevation.
• Brushed nickel finish front door grip-set and deadbolt lock.
• Pre-finished, sectional roll-up garage doors, some with decorative glazing, as per elevation.
• Contemporary exterior coach lights on front elevation (one at garage and one at porch).
• Direct insulated access door from garage to house with deadbolt and closer, if grade permits, and as per plan (garage to interior door to house, if applicable, may be lowered, relocated or eliminated to accommodate drainage as per grading, siting or municipality requirements, if applicable).
• Garage walls and ceiling to be fully boarded and primed.
• Balconies to feature black aluminum railing with glass inserts, as per plan.
• Two exterior hose bibs, location to be determined by Vendor (one at front and one at rear).
• Contemporary designed municipal number.
• Landscape package consisting of sodded front, shrub planting and decorative unit pavers.
• Nine-foot (9’) high ceilings on first floor in single detached homes and on second floor in townhomes (except in powder room and/or laundry room and where architectural design, mechanical or duct work requires ceiling height to be lowered), as per plan.
• Eight-foot (8’) high ceilings on second floor in single detached homes and on first and third floor in townhomes (except in powder room and/or laundry room and where architectural design, mechanical or duct work requires ceiling height to be lowered), as per plan.
• Two-panel square interior doors with brushed nickel finished lever handles (excluding entry doors). Painted hinges.
• Stained oak veneer staircases from first to second floor in single detached homes. Stairway railing to be mounted on stained finish oak nosing in platform areas, as per plan.
• Natural finish oak veneer staircases from first to third floor in townhomes. Stairway railing to be mounted on natural finish oak nosing in platform areas, as per plan.
• Stained oak handrails and pickets from basement to second floor in single detached homes, as per plan.
• Natural finish oak handrails and pickets from first to third floor in townhomes, as per plan (excluding unfinished basement staircase).
• Smooth ceilings on the first and second floor in single detached homes.
• Smooth ceilings on the first and second floor in townhomes. Third floor ceilings to be stipple sprayed with smooth borders except for bathrooms and laundry room, which will be smooth finished.
• Standard laundry tub.
• Hot and cold taps for laundry tub.
• Interior doors and trim to be painted cool white.
• Interior walls to be painted one colour with premium quality certified low VOC latex paint.
• 4-1/4” contemporary style baseboards with matching 2-3/4” casing on all first, second and third floor windows and doorways (where applicable).
GAS FIREPLACE – SINGLE DETACHED HOMES
• Gas fireplace complete with glass panel, gas log, ignition switch, with paint grade mantel, from Vendor’s standard samples, as per applicable plan.
• Upgraded kitchen cabinetry with tall uppers including traditional and contemporary options with choice of colour and door style (from Vendor’s standard selections).
• Choice of granite or quartz countertop (from Vendor’s standard selections).
• Stainless steel undermount kitchen sink.
• Single lever contemporary kitchen faucet with integrated pull-out spray.
• Walk-in or built-in pantries, breakfast bars and kitchen islands, as per plan.
• White two-speed exhaust hood fan in kitchen ducted to exterior (6” vent).
• Heavy-duty wiring outlet for stove.
• Rough-in electrical and plumbing supply for dishwasher.
• Choose from contemporary and traditional bathroom vanity cabinetry with laminate countertops (from Vendor’s standard selections).
• Free-standing tub with mounted faucet in master ensuite in single detached homes, as per plan.
• Double sink vanity in master ensuite in single detached homes.
• Single sink vanity in master ensuite in townhomes, as per plan.
• White pedestal sink in powder room, as per plan.
• Single lever chrome faucet in all vanities with built-in balance regulators.
• Quality white bathroom plumbing fixtures including sink, tub and toilet.
• Separate shower stall with waterproof light fixture and framed glass shower enclosure in single detached homes, as per applicable plan.
• Separate shower stall with waterproof light fixture and framed glass door in townhomes, as per applicable plan.
• Strip lighting in all bathrooms including powder room.
• Ceramic wall tiles in all bathtub enclosures up to ceiling. Separate shower stall to include the ceiling.
• Cement “Wonderboard” on separate shower enclosure wall(s) and ceiling, as per applicable plan.
• Pressure balance valve in all bath and shower enclosures.
• Shut off valves for all sinks and toilets.
• Low flow aerators on all faucets.
• Water saving toilets.
• Low flow shower heads in all showers.
• Exhaust fan in all bathrooms.
• Privacy locks on all bathroom doors.
• Mirrors over all vanities in all bathrooms.
• Pre-finished 3/4” x 3 1/8” stained oak engineered flooring throughout first floor, including kitchen and breakfast area (excluding tiled areas), in single detached homes, as per applicable plan (chosen from Vendor’s standard samples).
• Pre-finished 3/4” x 3 1/8” natural oak engineered flooring throughout second floor, including kitchen and breakfast area (excluding tiled areas) in townhomes, as per applicable plan (chosen from Vendor’s standard samples).
• Ceramic tile flooring in foyer, powder room, all bathrooms, and laundry room from Vendor’s standard samples, as per applicable plan.
• Quality 40 oz. carpet in all finished areas on second floor (excluding tiled areas) from Vendor’s standard samples in single detached homes.
• Quality 40 oz. carpet in all finished areas on first and third floor (excluding tiled areas) from Vendor’s standard samples in townhomes.
• Quality underpad in all broadloom areas.
ENERGY STAR CERTIFIED FEATURES
• Insulation in full conformity with the Ontario Building Code for conservation of energy.
• High efficiency, forced air, direct-vent natural gas furnace complete with electronic ignition.
• High efficiency, gas-fired tankless water heater on rental as per lease schedule.
• All windows will be energy efficient low-E Argon gas-filled.
• Windows and doors sealed with top quality exterior caulking.
• Thermostat centrally located.
TELECOMMUNICATIONS, ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL DETAILS
• Three category 5 telecommunication cable rough-ins (locations to be determined by Vendor).
• Three telephone rough-ins (locations to be determined by Vendor).
• Three RGB coaxial cable rough-ins (locations to be determined by Vendor).
• 100 AMP automatic circuit breakers with heavy duty copper wiring.
• White Decora-style light switches, plugs and plates.
• One smoke detector on every floor and in all bedrooms.
• Carbon monoxide detector provided as per Ontario Building Code.
• Electrical light fixtures to be installed in kitchen, family room, den and all bedrooms (excluding dining/living room).
• Switch controlled receptacle in living room and capped outlet in dining room (ceiling location to be determined by Vendor).
• Ground fault interrupter protection in all bathrooms and powder room.
• Electric door chime with doorbell at front entry.
• One electrical outlet in garage ceiling for future door opener.
• Exterior waterproof electrical outlets, one at front porch, rear and in garage.
• One electrical outlet in unfinished area of basement at electrical panel.
• Heavy-duty wiring and plug receptacle for clothes dryer.
• Dryer vent to exterior (location may vary from plans).
• Ducting sized for future air conditioning.
• Ventilation ducts are professionally cleaned prior to occupancy.
• Rough-in for central vacuum system (terminated at garage).
• Engineered floor joists, sub-floor sheathing to be nailed, glued, sanded and screwed.
• 2” x 6” exterior wall construction.
• All finished interior walls and ceilings to be drywall construction.
• Poured concrete front porch as per applicable plan.
• Poured 9” concrete foundation walls with heavy-duty damp proofing and waterproof membrane (excluding garage).
• Basement “wrap” water-proofing system to be installed on the foundation wall (excluding garage) to prevent water penetration into basement.
• Cold storage room in basement, if grade permits, as per applicable plan.
About The Developers
The developer is a home developer renowned for their customer service and innovative designs. This family-run business has been in the industry since 1960. Ever since then, Madison has remained committed to integrity and innovation.